Let me count the ways that I love this book…
1. The Title: Stumbling into Grace. Isn’t that a great word picture! It is a wonderful title that I feel describes me extremely well! What about you?
2. The Subtitle: “Confessions of a Sometimes Spiritually Clumsy Woman.” This would fit all of us Christian Women, if we were as honest as Lisa Harper, true?!
3. The Picture on the Cover: The little girl makes me smile! She reminds me of my little girls. They twirling around in their very creative dress-up outfits fully confident in who they are and how much they are loved — may we be more like that as we worship our Jesus!
…Anyway, I haven’t even got to the inside of the book! It is split into three sections: Real Life, Real Gifts, and Real Growth…
4. The Humor: Lisa Harper uses humorous stories to break the ice and get the readers’ heart open to listen, learn and grow. Like the title, the chapter titles are even humorous, including names like “The Very Real Problem with Pantyhose – Jesus and Binding Things” and “Getting Your Squeeze On – Jesus and the Gift of Touch”!
5. The Honesty: We got a glimpse of Lisa Harper’s openness in the subtitle. This honest writing continues throughout the book.
6. Personal Refection/Group Discussion questions: These are very thought provoking, outside of the box questions that kept me thinking throughout the day. I plan to use this book in a group setting soon, and I look forward to the discussions that will occur.
7. Journal Entry: Lisa Harper encourages the reader to complete these sentences in your personal journal. An example is “So, I’ve been thinking about becoming absolutely devoted to and dependent on You, Jesus, and…” These could be used over and over as ideas to use in your journalling.
Lisa Harper is like a great friend with whom you are comfortable enough around to laugh often and cry hard because that’s the openness in which she writes! I look forward to reading some of her others books.
Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.