Manners seem to be a dying art. But as you live, work, shop, go to the movies, etc, I’m sure you have seen the NEED for manners. We have added it to our home school curriculum using 365 Manners Kids Should Know by Sheryl Eberly.
Here are a few of the things we are working on from the book…
1. Talk to your parents. Say “good morning” and “good night.”
2. Respect the privacy of others. Don’t listen in on phone conversations, read others’ mail, or snoop in their closets.
3. Knock gently on a closed door & get permission before entering.
4. Use good table manners.
5. Borrow items only if you’ve asked to do so. Return them in good condition.
6. Spend time with your siblings. Don’t hibernate in the bedroom.
7. Ask family members how things are going.
8. Use an “indoor voice” when you’re in the house.
9. Pick up after yourselves.
10. Don’t let your goodbyes be accompanied by unkind words.