I have so many things that I want to do. However, I don't just want to do them; I want to do them well!
- A Follower of Christ – Well, I will continually have so much I want to learn about my Lord. I want to become more and more intimate with Him each day.
- A Wife – Matt is my husband and my best friend, and I long to be pleasing to him. This is in all areas including keeping the house clean and the laundry going while staying physically attractive and interested in his life. I want us to be able to just sit and talk. I want us to have fun together. I want us to always be open and honest. I want us to grow more and more in love with each other. Then when the kids leave home we will not be staring across the table at a stranger, but we will be excited to embrace our next stage in life together.
- A Mother – I want to be the best I can be for Abbye, Hannah, and the other kids we have. I know I won't be perfect, but I sure can give it a try!! I want to point them to God. I want to show them His love and patience and mercy and forgiveness, but also His justness and rightness. I want them to know that there are moral absolutes because they come from God's Word. Since He doesn't change, neither will right and wrong! I want to have a close relationship with my kids. Also, I want to encourage them to have a close relationship with their dad. I want to teach them life skills and people skills. I want to be able to afford piano lessons for them, and perhaps other kinds of lessons and tutoring. I also want to record everything I can in pictures and in writing down their stories.
- A Friend – I am a task-oriented person, so I do have to make an effort to stay connected with family and friends. And I want to be a good friend, so people will know that they can always give me a call or send me an email or even stop by the house when they need someone to listen to them, to pray with them, to be a shoulder to cry on, and to share in their joys.
- A Student – I have so much I want to learn, so much I want to study, and so many books I want to read!! When I was at ACU we teased some friends that where on the 6 year graduation plan. But now I look back and, if finances weren't an issue, say, "What's the rush?" I would love to be a life long student. I know I can be, and I continue to read and learn. However, I miss that focused opportunity. I loved the feeling at the end of each semester as I was deciding what I would take next semester. I was always so excited. There were so much to learn, so many learned people to sit under, and some not so brilliant, but required! =)
- A Musician – I play the cello and the flute, but I would be OK with just concentrating on the cello. I love music!
Hopefully that all makes sense! After I laid the girls down for a nap, I was trying to decide what to do, and I just had to write this. Now, I better hurry or I won’t have time for anything!! =)