My friend Nicole’s Hakuna Matata post inspired me to write about starting anew today!
- I want to get up early, so that I can workout and spend time with God before the girls wake up. (I didn’t get up with my alarm this morning. I have a problem getting to sleep. It took me at least two hours last night. Matt said I think too much! Also, Abbye’s arm fell asleep during the night, and she woke up very upset. So, I was up with her. I know those are excuses, but they’re pretty good ones!!)
- I want to eat healthy, so I need to be more aware of what I put in my mouth and how often. (I’ve done pretty well. However, I did eat a little too much at noon because I was trying to finish some leftovers! That’s not a good habit to get in to!) I want to eat slowly and savor my food. I want to still enjoy desserts, because they are important as my last post pointed out!! However, I want eat them less often and be more choosy.
- I want to prioritize and order my day, so that I get things done. However, I don’t need to forget to stop and smell the roses, to play with the girls, …to enjoy life, too!
- I want to stay in touch with family and friends. I made a list during church a couple weeks ago (Sorry, Pastor John, but you were repeating something you had already talked about in the Course class!!) with the names of family and friends that I want to revive, if needed, and maintain a steady, on going relationship.
- I want to practice my cello regularly. I miss my music!
Well, that’s a list that will keep me busy!! Please pray for me! =)
But I was wondering how you balance enjoying life and the people around you with taking care of your responsibilities?