I wrote this in November 2005 for my friend Jami’s blog http://jamileigh.com/blog/. I didn’t have a blog of my own to post it on. So now I do and here it is… (Some things may have changed since then, but I didn’t take the time to review this!)
Seven things to do before I die…
- See my kids grow up to love and serve the Lord with all their heart
- Write a book
- Run a marathon
- Get to know all my grandkids and live to know they have all asked Jesus in their hearts
- Send Matt on an elk hunt in Colorado, since that’s one thing he wants to do before he dies!
- Get my masters and perhaps my doctorate…I’m not sure in what, perhaps mathematics, education, literature, or finances!!
Seven things I cannot do…
- Watch scary movies
- Eat a rare steak
- Get up early! (but I’m working on it! I used to before kids!!)
- Sleep late (Abbye and Hannah won’t let me, however I was rarely able to anyway!)
- Do everything in a day that I want to do (I’m really stretching to get seven!!)
- Solve the world’s problems
- Fill this category with seven real answers!!!!
Seven things that attract me to Matt…
- His sense of humor
- His romantic side
- His cute tush in his baseball uniform! I enjoyed watching him play both baseball and football, but I preferred baseball!!
- His overall handsome-ness (Do you like my new word!?) and he dressed nice
- I liked his hair and his sideburns, which in his job now he’ll never be able to wear it like that again! Bummer!!
- His ability to really listen and care
- His car!!! Just kidding, it was a two toned boat!!
Seven things I say most often…
- Sure! (Abbye says this a lot!)
- Got it!
- No, Abbye!
- It’s OK, Hannah! (Abbye says this one a lot, too!)
- It’s naptime! =)
- Hello, Mom
- Hello, Jami (My mom and Jami are the people I most often talk to on the phone.)
Seven books (or series) I love…
- Any book by Max Lucado
- Any book by Francine Rivers
- Any book by Ted Dekker
- The Yada Yada Prayer Group series by Neta Jackson
- Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury (I’ve started her Firstborn series which, banches off of this series, and I think I’m going to like all of her books!!)
- Till We Have Faces and The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- Any book by Frank Peretti
Seven movies I would watch over and over again…
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- It Happened One Night
- Ever After
- While You Were Sleeping
- Monsters, Inc.
- How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days
- The Sound of Music